Wednesday, April 20, 2011

how long has it been

Nearly 3 years of trying to conceive and still I feel as if we have moved forward very little. I do however know more about my dear Justin, and myself for that matter. Sure the 24 year old me is way more prepared than the 21 year old me was but I still long to be someones mommy. My heart aches and I long to hold a child in my arms that is mine.
I wonder about how things would be if I didn't have these problems. I feel like less of a woman, like a failure. I feel pressure from every side and stress about who I am letting down. If Justin would have just chosen differently he could have a family by now, the family name could go on and not die.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about my infertility and what I should do next. I drive myself crazy trying to figure everything out and trying to reason. I am weak, I am hurting.  I am supposed to be the strong one, the one with huge faith, who everyone runs to for help but I am so, so weak. I put on a happy face, I try to look up and be cheerful but I hurt so deeply.

Feeling so overwhelmed, this is so much bigger than me, so out of my control. I feel unsure and unsteady, the unknown is scary. Questions bombard my mind and I am afraid of making the wrong decisions.

Today is a day I would just like crawl on my daddy's lap and have him tell me everything is going to be alright just like when I was a little girl but this is bigger than daddy too. This is much too complicated, a squeeze and kiss on the cheek won't heal this hurt, this pain.

Although I am hurting in a way I can't really explain I am so glad that I have a heavenly father and that this ISN'T too big for Him to handle! I don't understand all my feelings and emotions, I don't know all the answers to the questions this life brings, I don't know what to do but I am so glad I know who I trust! I am so thankful I have a savior who cares about me even in my weakness and who gives me strength. Some days I feel I just cant go on but then God comes by and gives me just what I need.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God! The preacher just preached this last sunday and i just included it in my latest post!!

    2 Corinthians 12:9
    And he said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

    Don't beat yourself up. Your husband chose you and he loves you. There is nothng impossible for our God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words of your heart are so much like ones I have known for so long. Hang in there... we're listening and here to support you all the way.

    ReplyDelete